Medicos Family Clinic understands that a visit to the doctor can usually be stressful, especially when you’re not feeling well or have a pain that just won’t subside. To maximize your next physician visit to medical or walk in clinic in Dallas or Garland TX, go through the steps below for simple guidelines and helpful hints.
Before visiting the medical clinic
- Note down your symptoms, including the order in which the symptoms emerged, along with anything that makes them worse or better.
- Note down your temperature if you’ve measured at home through a thermometer.
- Bring a current list of every medication you’re currently taking, including vitamins, herbal products, over-the-counter drugs, and prescriptions.
- Bring a list of allergies, especially any related to food or medicine.
- Know your family and personal history, including serious illnesses, surgeries, etc.
- Assess your lifestyle habits, including drinking and eating habits, along with how much you exercise and sleep.
- Note down any other health concerns about which you may want to speak with your physician.
- Bring along the address, fax, and phone numbers of the pharmacy you’ll like to use.
During your medical clinic visit
- Examine the items mentioned above with your physician.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions from your physician, including what he thinks the problem/diagnosis maybe, along with what tests, if mandatory, are required.
- Ensure that you clearly understand your role in treating your condition, along with what you can do to prevent any reoccurrences in the future.
- See if any follow-up appointment with your physician is required, or if you should be referred to another specialist or physician.
- Ensure that you understand any possible side effects of any of the medications your physician prescribes during your clinic visit.
After visiting the medical clinic
- Follow the advice of your physician.
- Don’t hesitate to call the office of your physician for clarification if you don’t understand any of the instructions.
- If you experience side effects or begin to feel worse from any prescribed medications, contact the office of your physician immediately. In urgent matters, you may also call 911.
- Make sure to keep your appointment if you’re scheduled for a follow-up visit.